Family Day is coming up on February 19. It’s a special day (and long weekend) to spend some extra time with the people we love the most. And it’s a great opportunity to get out and enjoy what Kitchener-Waterloo has to offer! Here are some fun family day activity ideas and local events.
Fun @ Victoria Park – 2:00-4:00
Sledding, skating and hot chocolate.
2:00pm @ The Aud
“Join the KW Titans and BMO Bank of Montreal for Family Appreciation Day! Families can enjoy an exciting basketball game, fan giveaways, friendly competitions, a player autograph session and a chance to meet the Titans’ mascots Titus and BMO the Bear.
Family Day ticket offer is buy one ticket, get one free! That’s two bowl seats for $25.00 or a family of four bowl seats for $50.00. To purchase tickets, use promo code BMODAY online at www.theaud.ca or in person at the Activa box office at the Aud.” – see full details.
Family Day Skating
- 9:30am -10:50 Parent & Child Shinny Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex (see details)
- 10:00am – 10:00pm @ Waterloo Square
- See skate times for Activa, Sportsworld, Kinsmen & Kiwanis
- 10:00 – 2:00 @Forest Heights Community Centre (hot chocolate, cookies and indoor activities)
- 1:00 – 3:00 @Country Hills Community Centre (also includees chocolate and treats)
- 2:00 – 4:00 @ Bridgeport Community Centre (also hot chocolate and cookies, and crafts)
- 4:00 – 4:50 @RIM Park
Family Day Swimming
- 6:45am -4:00pm @ Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex (see all times and swim types)
- 1:00-4:00 @Stanley Park Community Association
- 1:30-2:30 & 3:00-4:00 @ Grand River Recreation Complex, Lyle Hallman Pool
Family Day Activity Ideas (For Family Day or any day)
- Events at Centre in the Square
- Visit THE MUSEUM in Downtown Kitchener
- Go skating at Kitchener City Hall or in Uptown Waterloo
- Skiing at Chicopee
- Sledding at McLennan Park
- Build a snowman
- Take some fun family photos
- Spend the day inside baking
- Fun at Bingemans!
- Visit the Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory
- Shop at the St. Jacob’s Farmers’ Market
- Ride the train out of St. Jacob’s