Skip to content
Buying Real Estate in Kitchener-Waterloo
Tips For Buyers Entering Multiple Offers
- Make sure you are pre-approved and know your limits.
- Give the closing date the sellers wants.
- Go high and remove conditions if possible.
- Be on the street with your agent or at the office where the presentation is taking place.
- Bring your mortgage commitment letter with you and if possible have your banking contact include in the email “great clients” or similar star words.
- Buyers can write a letter saying how lovely the home is and the warm and fuzzy feeling they have when in the home. This is a great way to personalize an offer.
- Be prepared with your risk level when it comes to not including any conditions on inspection. Talk about the pre-inspection when you do your initial viewing.
- Make it your best possible offer and listen for guidance from your REALTOR®. If this is the home you want, put your real number on it and go for it. Make sure you don’t walk away with regrets.
- Bring along a trusted second opinion if you need another’s input. There may not be time to book a second look, so have confidence. Those who hesitate too long don’t even get in.