Finding cool things to do in the Summer is not a problem when you live in Kitchener-Waterloo. Not only are there always lots of great local events going on (festivals, concepts, markets & more), but there is so much to do just beyond the Region’s borders.
Maybe you’ve heard of these events and activities, or maybe they’re new to you. But either way, there are endless options for you this Summer.
Here are some unique activities in Kitchener-Waterloo and beyond. To help you out, we’ve sorted these awesome activities for:
Keep an eye out for the 📍to see activities that are in or close to Waterloo Region.
Activities for Thrill-Seekers
- Explore a cave – Here are 14 caves in Ontario.
- 📍Make a Big Splash at Bingemans. This water park has thrilling slides & more for the whole family.
- Treetop trekking is a great aerial adventure. If you love being one with nature (and up off the ground), check out this list of spots for swinging, ziplining, and climbing in the treetops.
- If you’re really into heights (and are feeling brave) consider the CN tower EdgeWalk
- Walk on a suspension bridge – Here’s a list of some bridges in Ontario.
- Explore from a new perspective. Take a helicopter ride and soar the skies above some of the most beautiful areas in Ontario. Learn more here.
- 📍Okay, so lazy river tubing isn’t high-speed, but it’s still a great way to explore. Find out how you can go Tubing on the Grand.
Activities for Foodies
- 📍The Stratford Chocolate Trail is a self-guided tour that will introduce you to unique treats.
- The Oxford Country Cheese Trail is a self-guided route. Follow the trail to check out factory tours with cheesemakers, museums, delicious menus and more.
- The Apple Pie Trail is a trail that will take you through Southern Georgian Bay. It will help you discover lots of culinary, drinks and outdoor experiences in that region.
- While we’re on the topic of tours, there’s also the Butter Tart Tour in the Kawarthas.
Activities for Creatives
- 📍Take in a play at the Stratford Festival.
- 📍Stroll along the Waterloo Art Walk, an outdoor exhibit featuring 24 local artsists.
Activities for Everyone!
- Spend some time in field of lavender. Take in the sights and the scents at one of these Ontario lavender farms.
- 📍Visit donkeys and miles in Sanctuary in Puslinch at the Donkey Sanctuary of Canada.
- 📍Socialize with baby goats at the Perth Farmhouse.
Want to learn more about local events and activities? Check out this blog!