Looking for some fun activities for Family Day this year? We’ve got you covered. Here are 10 activities your family can enjoy on Family Day weekend in Kitchener-Waterloo.
1. Go skiing at Chicopee!
We’re so fortunate to have a great spot for skiing and snowboarding in Waterloo Region. Your family can hit the slopes for some outdoor fun, or check out the Chicopee Tube Park for an amazing tubing experience, and then finish off the day with a hot chocolate in the chalet.
2. Skate on one of the free ice rinks.
Visit Kitchener City Hall and skate right downtown, stop by Uptown Waterloo for a skate in the square, or try any of the other community outdoor ice rinks. Skating is a great outdoor activity your an active family.
3. Have fun at Bingeman’s Family Carnival.
Bingeman’s offers its Family Carnival February 17 and 18 from 10:00 to 4:00, including inflatables, food and activities. Tip: you can save on ticket prices by buying your tickets online in advance.
4. Check out the animals in Waterloo Park.
Even when the snow has fallen, there are lots of animals to see at Waterloo Park. Take the family on a walk, play on the playgrounds and say hi to the miniature horses, donkeys and alpacas!
5. Explore Waterloo Region trails by cross country ski or snowshoe.
It’s amazing how different a trail experience can be in the winter. If your family is used to walking the trails in the Summer, try something different this year. Bundle up and go on a snow adventure!
6. Celebrate Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex’s 25th Anniversary.
Click to see the special Family Day schedule, including swim times and hockey games.
7. Take “A Journey to Space” at the Waterloo Region Museum.
“A Journey to Space” Experience is a temporary exhibit over Family Day weekend. Experience what it’s like to board a space station, what awaits you in orbit, and a look into the triumphs and challenges of exploring space.
8. Visit THEMUSEUM for the 7th Annual Family Day Hack Jam!
Enjoy half price admission on Family Day and lots of opportunities to learn through interactive exhibits.
9. Pet some insects at the Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory.
The Hug-a-Bug Insect Petting Zoo will give your family to discover some cool critters.
10. Play with Clay at the Clay & Glass Museum.
The workshop begins on Sunday, February 17. Click for details.
Wishing you and your family a Happy Family Day!