In the realm of design, fashion, and cultural expression, the “Colour of the Year” serves as a captivating and influential focal point, dictating trends and evoking a collective sense of aesthetic direction. Each year, renowned colour authorities and trendsetters unveil a hue that encapsulates the spirit of the times, reflecting societal moods, aspirations, and emerging themes.
These paint companies, along with design experts, try to predict the colours that we will want to incorporate into our homes. So let’s take a look at the 2024 colours of the year and how you can incorporate them into your home.
2024 PANTONE Colour of the Year: Peach Fuzz
PANTONE describes Peach Fuzz as:
“PANTONE 13-1023 Peach Fuzz captures our desire to nurture ourselves and others. It’s a velvety gentle peach tone whose all-embracing spirit enriches mind, body, and soul. In seeking a hue that echoes our innate yearning for closeness and connection, we chose a color radiant with warmth and modern elegance. A shade that resonates with compassion, offers a tactile embrace, and effortlessly bridges the youthful with the timeless.”
Ways to incorporate Peach Fuzz into your home
- Pull this colour into your living room with a rug. Ruggable has a collection inspired by the colour of the year.
- Paint an accent wall
- A feature piece of furniture (either painted or add fabric featuring the colour)
- Wallpaper a section of a room
- Add decorative accents (either shop with the colour in mind or take on a DIY project and paint your own unique accent pieces)
2024 Benjamin Moore Colour of the Year: Blue Nova
Benjamin Moore‘s colour of the year is Blue Nova, described as “violet and blue come together in this elevated, sumptuous hue”.
Ways to incorporate Blue Nova into your home
- Paint a room in this rich colour
- Wallpaper a section of a room with a pattern that features this colour
- Paint kitchen or bathroom cabinets
- Pull the colour into a room with window treatments
- Paint shelving units for a dramatic way to display some of your favourite items
- Add decorative accents or accessories
- Match it with these colours for a professional look in your home
2024 BeautiTone Colour of the Year: Illumina
BeautiTone‘s colour of the year is Illumina – “This captivating shade brings joy and warmth to any space, creating an inviting atmosphere that will leave you feeling inspired. Indulge in the captivating allure of a soft and radiant yellow hue, which gracefully infuses your space with a warm and luminous embrace. With its gentle red undertones and radiant glow, this colour creates an enchanting ambiance that uplifts the spirit.”
Fun Fact! BeautiTone partnered with a Kitchener-Waterloo artist, Stephanie Boutari to help launch the Colour of the Year. Stephanie does amazing murals around the region.
Ways to incorporate Illumina into your home
- Whether your style is minimalist, mid-century modern, maximalist, or coastal, painting a room with Illumina will fit into your personal style.
- Find wallpaper that features this colour and install it in a section of your home, i.e. a power room accent wall.
- Illumina fits right into this 2024 Colour Trends Collection, making it easy for you to create a complete look in any room.