We’re so fortunate in Kitchener-Waterloo to have a great selection of locally-owned businesses. And we love spreading the word about our favourites every chance we get. Here are some great KW businesses to check out this year and what some of our team members have to say about them.
Sweet Caroline’s Ice Cream & Treats
The business owner is constantly evolving the menu and store offerings and getting involved in community events in Breslau.
Ken Sushi House
Ken Sushi is by far my favorite restaurant because of their high quality ingredients, friendly service and the value.
Beechwood Family Wellness
Dr. Margaret Prange of Beechwood Family Wellness has been a real blessing to myself and my family, she promotes naturopathic medicine for mental, physical, hormonal and harmony in the mind and body.
She offers a high quality line of supplements, products and her caring services all at very reasonable prices.
A Body In Motion Rehabilitation
Their newly renovated office is perfectly cleaned and set up to provide the best services for physiotherapy and massages. Their staff are very friendly, knowledgeable and experienced. They will work between their staff to provide a well rounded health care recovery plan for you!
This is a well-established, locally owned family business serving Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas. It’s a great business for all your water purification and water softener needs.
J&J Cards and Collectibles
Absolutely love this store for all the unique gifts for kids and second to none selection of board games and toys. There’s always someone there to help you, smiling and appreciative of your business
Ways To Support Local Businesses
The most obvious way to support a local business is to shop with them or hire them for their service. But there are lots of other ways you can show your support.
- Follow the business on social media
- Engage with their social media post (like, comment, share, send to a friend)
- Leave a review. Share your experience with the business and be specific about what you love.
- Shop at full price. Everyone loves a sale, but don’t wait for every sale. Show the business some support throughout the year.
- Tell your friends and family about a business. Whether by word-of-mouth, or via a social media post. Give your favourite local business a shout out.