One of the many amazing things about living in Waterloo Region is the fact that we have quick access to flights all over the country (and beyond). With the Region of Waterloo International Airport (YKF) right at our doorsteps, travelling has never been so convenient.
In fact, it’s estimated that 700,000 passengers are expected to travel through YKF in 2022. Keep reading to see more facts like this!
You don’t have to worry about kickstarting your travel day with a long drive to the airport, potentially with lots of traffic adding to your day. And if you’re like us, when you land back in Waterloo Region after a trip, all you want is to be in the comfort of your own home. With this local airport, you’ll have a short drive to home sweet home.
Panning Your Next Trip From Waterloo Region
Looking for your next destination? Here are the amazing locations you can fly to from the Region of Waterloo International Airport!
Destinations in Canada
- Calgary, Alberta
- Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
- Deer Lake, Newfoundland
- Edmonton, Alberta
- Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Ottawa, Ontario
- Montreal, Quebec
- Saint John, New Brunswick
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Victoria, British Columbia
- Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Cancun, Mexico
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Orlando-Sandford, Florida
Visit waterlooairport.ca for the latest updates on airlines and destinations.
Facts About An Airport In Waterloo Region
More about the Region of Waterloo International Airport:
- YKF consistently ranks as one of the top twenty busiest airport in Canada
- 25, the number of businesses located at YKF in 2015
- 300, the number of people employed at YKF in 2015
- $90 million, the total economic impact generated by YKF in 2015
- 250, the number of private and charter aircraft at based at YKF
- 171,828 the number of passengers that travelled through YKF in 2021
- 700,000 the number of passengers expected to travel through YKF in 2022
- 107,251 the number of take-offs and landings at YKF in 2020