As much as we don’t want to admit it, the summer season is winding down. With a new season on its way, it’s the perfect opportunity to give your property some TLC.
We know you’ve been busy soaking up the sun, going on vacations, and hosting backyard BBQs, so it’s possible that you haven’t had the time to maintain certain areas of your home and property. Take some time to spruce things up before the leaves start falling.
End-of-Summer Home Maintenance Tips
Before the colder weather sets in, here are some ways you can take care of your home:
- Store outdoor furniture and equipment properly to protect them from the elements.
- Take a look at your deck or patio. Check for any damaged areas that need repair or resealing.
- Clean your gutters and downspouts to prevent clogs and water damage.
- Inspect your property for any pests who have decided to settle in
- Check your roof for any damage or leaks and make repairs as needed.
- Seal any cracks or gaps around windows and doors to keep the cold air out.
- Inspect your heating system and replace filters if necessary.
- It’s always a good idea to get into the routine of checking your smoke detectors.
- Check that your hoses are all in working order (no holes or leaks).
- Catch up on any landscaping you didn’t have time for in the summer months.
- It’s not a pretty job, but take a few minutes to clean out your garbage, recycling and green bins.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your home is in good shape and ready for the fall and winter months. Happy home maintenance!
Thinking of Selling Your Home?
We’re here to offer you professional real estate advice. If you’re thinking about selling your home now or even in a year or two, we’d be happy to connect with you about your goals. We’ll take a look at your home and offer advice on any upgrades that would add value to your home.