Summertime is all about spending quality time with your favourite people, making memories, enjoying the sun, and most likely indulging in some delicious summer food. One thing that is synonymous with summertime backyard BBQs is a yummy hamburger. Some families prefer to hang out in the backyard (and maybe hop through the sprinkler) while dinner is being ‘qued, and sometimes it’s fun to go out for a classic burger (or maybe something a little over the top). Here are some great places you can go to get the best hamburger in Kitchener-Waterloo.
The Best Hamburger in Kitchener-Waterloo
- Beertown in Uptown Waterloo! There are lots of choices and it’s paired with a great beer selection.
- Frat Burger is a great choice for homemade burgers, handcut fries and ice cold drinks. They grind their own fresh local Ontario beef and cook each patty to order.
- AW‘s Beyond the Meat burger is a new favourite for anyone looking for a beef alternative. Made with plant-based protein, it offers the same delicious taste and texture.
- Harvey’s is a Canadian classic. Build toppings on top of a delicious patty to “have it your way!”. It’s flame-broiled just as if you were going to barbeque it yourself. Plus, it goes so well with a chocolate shake. Yum!
- The Copper Brand in Uptown Waterloo is dedicated to serving 100% plant-based dishes. If you’re in the mood for a burger, they have number of options, including a spicy black bean burger.
- The Works (both in Uptown Waterloo and in Kitchener on Fairway Rd). If you’re a burger lover, you’ll be impressed by the hundreds (okay, not quite hundreds) of burgers you can try. Choose from a wide selection of gourmet toppings, fun names and then choose your patty type. You could go every day for the rest of your life and have a different burger every time.
- The Lancaster Smokehouse may be well-known for smokey ribs and brisket, but don’t forget about their burger. Handmade patties ground and blended in house, and oh so many craveable sides to add. Hush puppies anyone? Cheesy grits?
- Moose Winooskis has such a fun atmosphere for the family, and a full burger menu to boot! The burgers are always handmade with prime rib, always fresh, and always sooooo good.
If you prefer to stay at home and BBQ your own burger creations, there are lots of local shops supplying quality beef.
- Central Fresh Market
- Charles Quality Meats
- The Bauer Butcher
- Stone Crock Meats & Cheese
- Victoria Street Market
- Kitchener Market
- St. Jacob’s Market