Let’s talk curb appeal for a minute. You’ve probably heard the term. It’s the first impression buyers get of a home when they see it from the street.
Why is curb appeal important?
That initial reaction a buyer has to a property can have a lasting impact.
Not only is that first impression formed as they walk up to a property, but it can also be started before beginning their in-person home viewing. If you’re selling your home, think about how it will present itself in photos online.
If you’re thinking of selling your home, we’d love to talk to you about your home’s curb appeal and how you can make a great first impression on buyers.
If you’re not planning on moving anytime soon, curb appeal still applies. Think about when you invite friends and family over to your home. Create an inviting aesthetic for your guests, but also for yourself. How awesome is it to walk up to a beautiful home and know it’s yours!
If you’re looking to make some improvements to your home’s curb appeal before buyers (and photographers) hit your driveway, here are some small changes that will make a big impact.
Curb Appeal Improvements In Under 60-Minutes
- Check that nothing in sight is visibly broken and that light fixtures are in working order
- Close the garage door and tuck away any potential eyesores (garbage bins, yard tools, toys, etc.)
- Clear the driveway of your cars
- Wash the front windows (inside and out) and garage door windows if there are any
- Sweep the driveway, walkway and front entrance of any debris, leaves, etc.
- Tidy up the lawn and gardens
- If anything is really worn out, such as a welcome mat, consider replacing it
Put yourself in buyers’ shoes. Stand in front of your home and try to look at it with new eyes. Scan the property for any areas that could use sprucing up.
Need more inspiration? Check out these Jaw-Dropping Curb Appeal Makeovers
Get More Advice
Need help? We’re here to offer you professional real estate advice. If you’re thinking about selling your home now or even in a year or two, we’d be happy to connect with you about your goals. We’ll take a look at your home and offer advice on any upgrades that would add value to your home.